The Lavers Carp Syndicate Rules 2023-24 Season
RULES & CONDITIONS
We pride ourselves in the fantastic condition of our carp and their continuing healthy growth rates. These rules are designed to maintain this. Its testament to the quality of our membership that this has continued over the years. If you feel that your fishing objectives are more important than the welfare of our carp, then these are not the fisheries for you.
1. Maximum stay for angling on The Lavers main lake is 3 days and 48 hours on the former stockponds. Midweek members times are from Sunday midday to Friday midday subject to session time limits During the months of December, January and February midweek members can fish any day. No saving swims or rotas. Fishery on and off times are set out below. This is to stop the lakes getting too busy and give everyone a chance to fish.
24 hours on, 24 hours off – 48 hours on, 48 hours of - Main Lake only 72 hours on, 72 hours off
Maximum of 3 anglers on Wynter’s, Spencer’s and Lavers Top Lake.
2. Members must have their membership ticket downloaded on their phone and must be able to produce it on request from the management (Lily Fisheries), Farm Employees or any syndicate member or bailiff. No proof of membership no fishing. Bailiffs will have a list of members on their phone as back up
3. No fish to be removed or introduced to the water or transferred between waters.
4. Members must be responsible for all litter in and around their swim. All litter to be taken home.
5. No tackle to be left unattended, no going to work, and leaving your gear in a swim. We realise the unexpected can crop up. Let us know if you are going to be away from the lake and your tackle for more than an hour so we know what is going on.
6. No boats, full size or bait boats are permitted.
7. No more than three rods are permitted for angling.
8. There will be no sacking or retention of fish.
9. Fish Safety
a) Scales, weigh-slings, cameras, carp-care treatments etc must all be ready for use before the fish is removed from the water.
b) Fish must be unhooked in the landing net immediately whilst in the water and transferred to a retainer or enclosed unhooking mat.
c) It is your call whether to take pictures by the water or on a flat grassy area up the bank. Whatever you feel most comfortable with. Just remember, the safety of the carp is the key factor here and it is your responsibility to ensure this is the case. Carp must be kept out of the water for the minimum amount of time possible. Fish must be constantly doused with water while out the water.
d)All anglers must have a carp care kit and know how to use it.
e) Anglers must have waders and use them to return fish if needed
f) The OMC Magic Twig is banned on all our waters
10. Tackle Requirements
a) Main line to be a minimum of 15lb. No tapered main line. Safe-zone or fluoro leader up to a maximum of 1 metre are allowed. All other leaders braided main line or lead core of any kind not to be used for fishing.
b) No barbless hooks, micro-barbed hooks must be used.
c) Only one rod to be used for zig or floater fishing.
d) Spombs and spods to have a float attached or built in.
11. Only proper (extra-large) carp unhooking mats, cradles, and weigh-slings to be used. The biggest mats, cradles and slings available are encouraged on our fisheries.
12. To avoid the transfer of disease all nets, mats and sundry items must be bone dry before entering the site. This is vital to maintain the biosecurity of our waters. Any member turning up with wet gear will be banned with immediate effect.
13. Dogs allowed, they must be under control and their mess cleaned up. No fires, swimming, or loud music.
14. Parking in designated parking areas. No vehicle access to lake perimeter. Wynter’s park just past the hut on the grass. Spencer’s, park near the gate keeping the gate and road clear.
15. Any member who has their permit withdrawn will be expected to leave the
premises immediately. Permits are not transferable. There will be no refunds.
16. Peanuts and shelf-life boilies not to be used as bait. Shelf-life pop-ups and wafters can be used for hookbaits. Tigers nuts only to be used as hookbait. No pre-baiting when others are fishing.
17. Lily Fisheries and “The Farm” reserve the right to withdraw or suspend
permits at their discretion and in that event all rights of the former permit holder
shall cease, and no refund of any monies shall be paid.
18. The smaller lakes will be used for irrigation most years and will be slippery as the water recedes. Fishing should be possible all year round unless there is an extreme drought. The main lake is used for irrigation occasionally although this could become more frequent due to the recent very dry and hot summers we have had. There will be no refund of any monies paid due to low water levels.
19. As the lakes are situated on a farm environment access lanes may be affected by severe weather or farm vehicle use. Make sure you and your vehicle can cope if this situation arises. We will not be able to tow you out if you get stuck. Be sensible when the ramp is wet or muddy and do not drive up it.
20. All decisions made by the management are final and not subject to appeal.
Rules are subject to change on the various venues as conditions dictate and there may be different rules put in place on different venues. We will endeavour to inform all members of rule change.
ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE FISHERIES DO SO ENTIRELY AT THEIR OWN RISK. THE OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILTY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS PROPERTY OR VEHICLES HOWEVER CAUSED WHILST USING THESE FISHERIES. BY JOINING LILY FISHERIES, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL RULES AND CONDITIONS.
DUE TO CLIMATE CHANGE, WEATHER ABNOMINALLIES OR NATIONAL PANDEMICS THAT COULD AFFECT THE FISHERIES, WHICH WE HAVE NO CONTROL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITION HAS BEEN ADDED. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF THE FOLLOWING THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF MONIES PAID DUE TO WATER ABSTRACTION, FISH DEATHS, RESTRICTED ACCESS, AND UNSAFE BANKS. LILY FISHERIES WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE GREAT FISHING SUBJECT TO THE PREVAILLING CONDITIONS.PLEASE READ THE RULES AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE RULES AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE RETURN YOUR TICKET BEFORE YOU FISH AND YOU WILL GET A FULL REFUND (SUBJECT TO A £50 ADMIN CHARGE).